Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bear Spray Works on Moose



With everyone heading to the mountains to get that last hike in before the snow flies, don’t forget your UDAP Bear Spray! UDAP Bear Spray works on all kinds of animals including moose, not just bears! Read what one of our customers had to say!

You just never know how a moose will react....

Last year I was working near the Continental Divide just south of Glacier National Park. Over the course of about two months I saw this cow moose, never saw a calf, at least a half a dozen times, in the same area. I came with-in a hundred yards of her each time and she never displayed any aggression.

Then one morning I'm in the same area and see the cow moose again. This time, at about a hundred yards or so, she lays her ears back, with the hair standing up on the back of her neck, and trots in my direction. I thought, "what the hell's up with her?" and stepped back in the timber behind the largest tree I could find. She came charging in, reared and started striking with her front feet around either side of the tree. I'm ducking and dodging and thinking this old girl is pretty serious.

The can of UDAP, that is ALWAYS in the right-hand leg pocket of pants when I'm in the backcountry, comes to hand and I give her about a two or three second burst at about three feet distance. The effect is immediate and dramatic. The cow moose almost goes down, regains her feet and ricochets off about three trees on her way out of the timber. It worked very well and I didn't have "moose tracks" all over me! I have been treed by moose on one occasion and respect them as much as grizzly bears. Under certain circumstances they are more unpredictable than bears. You just never know how a moose will react and I was very glad to have your product in my pocket on that day. Thanks again for "saving my bacon!"

Sincerely, Ross Buckingham








So enjoy your hike before the snow falls, take some great photos and don’t forget your UDAP Bear Spray!

0 comments:

Post a Comment